File (held together with string) consisting of :-
(1) Certificate dated 9.4.1669 signed by Commissioners appointed by the Court of Exchequer (Robert Chapman & John Mansell) & addressed to Edmund Arnold esq, announcing the examination of witnesses in a cause between Edm, Arnold (plt.) & John Beachampe the younger - gent (deft.) to be held at the house of the Kinges Head in Stony Stratford.
On back: List of persons names.
(2) Royal Letters of Commission 12.2.(1669 issued to Robert Chapman, John Mansell, Richard Plowman & William Randall to examine witnesses on both sides, in the cause of Edm, Arnold (plt.) v. John Beachampe (deft.)
(3) Answers to interrogatories - Richard Stratton as to the boundaries of Furtho manor & payment of quit rent ex parte J. Beachampe
(4) Interrogatories to be administered on the part of J. Beachampe Total of 11 questions.
(5) Deposition of Richard Stratton 16.4.1669 of Densanger aged 56.
(6) Interrogatories to be administered on the part of Edm. Arnold. Total of 9 questions.
(7) Letter dated 29.2.1668/9
Richard Stratton of Denshanger to Edmund Arnold in reply to what chief rent John Beachampe paid to Sir Robert Banastre a paper states 8/- per annum - describes an argument between J.B. and Sir R.B. about the chief rent - J.B. paid 5/- - has seen in bailiff's a/cs that there was a chief rent of 5/- - R.S. was receiver for Sir Robert Banastre many years.
(8) Answers by John Beachampe the younger - gent. (deft.) to the bill of complaint 10 sheets sworn 20.5.1668
(9) Bill of Complaint of Edmund Arnold, in the Court of Exchequer claiming ignorance of rents & services, and that the freeholders & copyholders of Furtho have combined to conceal the facts from E. Arnold - complains of John Beauchamp getting hold of the court rolls and taking advantage of E.A. - asks for the defendants to be summoned to appear in Court. 4 sheets.
(10) Draft Answers to interrogatories of Richard Stratton, ex parte John Beauchamp 2 sheets
(11) Draft Answers to interrogatories of John Beachampe senior of Cosgrave - gent. (father of defendant) aged 53 - signed by John Beachampe. 2 sheets
(12) Deposition of Richard Stratton of Denshanger-gent. aged 56, ex parte Edm. Arnold in draft. 3 sheets
(13) Circuit or Perambulation of the Parish of Furtho. Starting at Perrie field gate, giving exact instructions, and separating the perambulation into definite sections (with the symbol +C)