Copy of Indenture
Bargain & Sale. (1) Thomas Meade of Lillingstone (Oxon) -yeoman and Alice his wife to (2) Thomas Hilliar of East Perry - tanner for divers considerations of 1 tenement in East Perry with a yard and garden lying between the tenement of William Clarke gent. (on the east side) and the tenement of Robert Packington (on the west side) & 1 part of Pollins Close lying on the W. side of Temple Lane. Copy made 1641.
4. File (bound by string) consisting of:
(1) Terrier dated 20.12.1595 of all lands, Leys and meadows in Potterspury held by Henry Bedder of Potterspury gent from the Queen by lease including Atkins farm & a total of 103 acres.
(2) Particular (undated) of a farm house, land & inclosures valued at £35.10.0 p.a. Valuation by Mr. Harrison & unnamed person. Endorsed "Scrivener"
(3) Schedule of Deeds, dated 17.01.1667/8 delivered by Thomas Scrivener to Mr. Harrison to be sent to Mr. Arnold only 1 deed is given a date (1601) but parties are mentioned, Initialled by Ed. Harrison & John Mansell.
(4) Particular (undated) similar to (2)
(5) Terrier dated 2.9.1667 of the house, homestall, arable land, ley and meadow ground belonging to the farme of Thomas Scrivener jnr. (late the land of his brother Richard Scrivener dec'd, & now bargained for by Edm. Arnold esq. in the parishes of Potterspury & Cosgrove - includes a farmhouse with dovehouse, 1 cottage house in occupation of James Woolman with Watling Street on the W., with land in Kempsons field, Scratchers Hearne field and Pooxly & Hardley field. Total 92 acres. Also observations on deeds (West & Scrivener families) from 1558-1666.
Endorsed with questions for Counsel's opinion.
(6) Notes (of legal cases or precedents?) 16146-1663.
(7) Copy of Indenture - Feoffment to Uses, 20.11.1655
(1) Richard Scrivener of Potterspurie - yeoman to (2) Paul Dayrel of Ashton - gent. William Scrivener of Potterspury - baker
(3) Mary Dayrell spinster for a marriage between (1) & (3) in consideration of £200 as a marriage portion (1) confirms to (3)
1 messuage called Blackwell end Hall & other specified land to use of (1), then (1) & (3) for lives, with proviso for payment of annual sum to (3)
(8) Copy of Indenture - Feoffment dated 28.4.1646
(1) Anne Traughton & Christopher Traughton his son to (2) Richard Scrivener the younger for £215 of Blackwell End Hall & c. specified lands.
(9) Valuation & Survey of a House, homestall, a close late Harbies Culvers Close, Blackwell End Close with pightle, Smith's house & other land.
(10) Notes on the marriage settlement of Richard Scrivener and Mary Addington.
(11) Schedule of lands in Scratchers Harne field, Kempsons field, Hardly field (Clarke) ; Stony croft field, Pookesley field, Hardley field (Traughton); also lands of John Bird and Leonard Benton.
(12) Copy of Will of Richard Scrivener dated 14.8.1601 summarising legacies, & listing sons and daughters.