The Little Manor

Wolverton Express 22nd July, 1927

Extract:
The third lot, the Little Manor, 7a.  0r.  3p, comprised a newly erected residence of old stone, with gardens.  Bidding began at £1000 and after three bids of £100 this lot was also withdrawn.

As a child, Mrs Susan Maycock was told that the old farmhouse at Cosgrove Hall was dismantled and re-erected across the road to the Little Manor site. The auction details above would support this. Inside the front door of the Little Manor itself is a date stone for 1652, the supposed date of the original farmhouse.

Photographic evidence suggests that the two buildings were almost identical in style.

The building to the right of the church is the old farm house at Cosgrove Hall.

Wolverton Express 24th June, 1927

PC Gambell

In conjunction with

John D Wood & Co

Auction offices, Newport Pagnell and Olney

By direction of Mrs. B Agar.

As a whole or in three lots.

Freehold.  Bucks and Northants borders

Also

The Little Manor, a newly erected Tudor style house with 3 reception, 5 bed and 2 bath rooms, and Paddock, extending to about 7 acres.

For Sale by Auction, as a whole or in three lots (unless previously disposed of) by

P C Gambell

and

John D Wood & Co


Wolverton Express 22nd July, 1927

The Property Market

Cosgrove Hall property withdrawn

The third lot, the Little Manor, 7a.  0r.  3p, comprised a newly erected residence of old stone, with gardens.  Bidding began at £1000 and after three bids of £100 this lot was also withdrawn.


Wolverton Express 27th October, 1933

Mr. GBP, Cosgrove, asked the council to supply the Little Manor with water and it was decided that water could only be laid on to that residents at applicant’s expense.

Application was received under the Housing Act 1924, from tenants of council houses at Cosgrove, Paulerspury, and Potterspury, for the payment of their rates with rent and it was decided that those who wished it might be allowed to do so.

1931 Mrs Lindsay-Stewart was the resident at The Little Manor
1940 Mrs Harriett Elizabeth Heap was the resident at The Little Manor
Little Manor 1998

Wolverton Express 10 April 1980