View down to the Horse Tunnel.
Holdoms Cottages also known as Myrtle Cottages are by the Horse Tunnel.
Mansel's Cottages also known as Panter's Cottages on the left. Signed by J. Stannard.
Reproduced by kind permission of Marcia Jordan
Named after the tree that grew in front of them, these are Myrtle Cottages
Barley Mow on the immediate left. T. Bushell is on the sign over the door.
Postcard dates April 1902
Myrtle Cottage were pulled down and a tannery company called Sharp and Woollards stood on the site by the horse tunnel. They came to Cosgrove in the 70s from Stony Stratford. They cured skins for the tannery business. That closed down in 2010.
The thatched cottages along the canal are the rear of Myrtle Cottages.
Only 20ft away from the canal, and below the level of the water, these cottages were often flooded when the water was high.
Brewery Cottages on the immediate left of this photograph.
Cosgrove Hall Estate Sale 1919
(Coloured Pink on Plan Inset).
A Block of Property
situate in the centre of CosgroveVillage, comprising THE BLACKSMITH'S SHOP AND FORGE
and FOUR COTTAGES, Outoffices and Gardens, being Pt. No. 218, forming an area of about
Let at a total Rental of £22 16s. per annum.
PARISH OF COSGROVE.
£ s. d.
Mr. W. J. Dicks
Cottage, Garden and Blacksmith's Shop
12 0 0
Cottage and Garden
3 0 0
Mr. H. Lambert
2 12 0
Mr. Jos. Lambert
5 4 0
£22 16 0
Landlord pays Rates.
Land Tax, 11s. 6d.