The Interior of St Peter & St Paul Church Cosgrove

In September 1683 Henry Rigby and John Beecham authorised the provision of a "Cover for ye font" - presumably an earlier model.

The Victorian font stands near the main West door into the Church. In the Churchwardens Returns to the Diocese in 1865 reference is made to the Provision of " A New font". However, in the same year the Subscription list for money raised for the project lists the work as "Restoration of Font" at a cost of only £3 10s 0d.